Infoblox DDI (DNS, DHCP & IPAM)
Introduction to DDI
DDI, which stands for DNS, DHCP, and IPAM, is the convergence of three critical network services. Infoblox DDI is the world's leading appliance-based, fully-integrated DDI product and allows you to consolidate and centralize these network services across multiple branches to provide redundancy and high availability of these services. UF's DDI offering provides a solution to the ongoing need for management of these network services.
University of Florida's DDI Offering
UF's DDI offering uses Infoblox Grid technology to provide network services with resiliency, seamless maintenance, and centralized management of multiple grids comprised of thousands of hosts, with visual representations of the network.
Key Benefits to Using UF's DDI Offering
- Centralized Management by using the web based GUI (Graphical User Interface), users have the ability to administrate almost every aspect of their DNS, DHCP, and IPAM.
- Maintenance on the hardware and software infrastructure is taken care of for you, so you can focus on what is important.
- Security and reliability to ensure you meet all of your business goals.
- Failover and disaster recovery mechanisms are designed into the offering with the use of anycast addressing, redundant administrative appliances, and physically diverse service applications.
- API Access is available to allow for automating routine tasks and/or processes.
- Split-View DNS allows the separation of DNS information between internal networks (e.g. within UF) and access from an unsecure, public network (e.g. the internet).
If you are interested in free, customized tutorials for your particular department about how to use UF's DDI offering please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Getting Started and Navigating the User Interface
If you are a new user, go to Getting Started with Infoblox page to view basic information about navigating the Infoblox DDI web interface.